Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ben

like a cat, every move with
moments when boys jump to a beat that rolls and sways
soaked in remembering how
your voice is not rich when it comes to writing
prone and in need of a tenderness I seek
unraveling the city that comes with the ability to stop
you slip when dancing late into the night
drawing out the thought of soup in the dead of winter
the kind that melts my heart and spreads close to my bones for warmth and touch
my eyes turn the color of my shirt and soften over spindling arms
the branches of a tree bridging the
distance to the stillness I’ve witnessed between
a summer for children beyond Darwin’s radio
Where small fish swim near snails folding slowly behind
the secrets of a thousand weary travelers
tucked under tiny flowers in the early morning
with waiting wells of hidden language